Tree Potting with HKUSTAA Northern California Chapter
Join the HKUST Alumni Association Northern California Chapter from the bay area to cultivate the urban forest in the heart of Silicon Valley. Assist The Community Nursery with tree potting to make the neighborhood greener and better.
Optional Lunch Gathering afterwards at San Pedro Square Market - 87 North San Pedro Street, San Jose, California 95110.
If you decide to help with tree potting, please read the following requirements carefully, otherwise, volenteers will be turned away by The Community Nursery for safety reason.
Requirements by The Community Nursery
- Wear closed-toe boots or sneakers (no Crocs, sandals flats, etc.)
- Wear proper work clothing (long pants are recommended; expect to get dirty)
- Bring water bottles (especially important; fresh water sink for refills on site)
- Wear appropriate sun or rain protection (sunscreen, hats, etc.)
- A signed permission slip (required for everyone under 18 volunteering without a parent or guardian present)
- Volunteers age 12 and under must have a parent or guardian present
The Community Nursery will provide gloves for volunteers on site, but you are welcome to bring your own.
Please park at the parking area directly across the street from the from entrance outside the main gate.
The event will continue rain or shine.
10:00 - 12:00 (EST) (Please arrive 15 mins early)
1000 Spring St. San Jose, CA 95110